Friends of the San Juans seeks a new team member to assist the Executive Director and Board of Directors, lead fundraising and donor development, facilitate cross-team operations, and manage day-to-day office operations. The candidate should have fundraising and administrative experience, and be organized and flexible, able to work independently, and be an excellent communicator with an appetite for connecting with people and community. Send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Job is based in Friday Harbor.
Compensation: Position is ½ to ¾ time. FSJ offers a benefits package that includes 403(b) with employer match. Compensation is dependent on experience.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Work with the ED to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan including major gifts, planned giving, solicitation letters, renewals, database management, donor entry and donation deposits, gift acknowledgment, responses to member requests, and attendance at some events.
- Manage office, provide program and event support as needed, represent FSJ at community events as needed, coordinate technology, publications, and board meetings.
- Experience: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and relevant administrative/operational experience; nonprofit experience preferred; computer fluency (Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Donor database experience a plus.
- Communication skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong editing and proofreading experience, ability to communicate effectively with diverse range of audiences for variety of rhetorical situations.
- Interpersonal skills: Strong interpersonal skills that build and strengthen office and community environment:calm under pressure, able to interact positively at all levels of the organization and public.
- Organizational skills: Proactive, well-organized, and attentive to detail with respect for deadlines; self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision while managing multiple tasks, assignments, and priorities.
- Flexibility: Able to work in a fast-paced, productive environment, serve in multiple roles, and be comfortable with changes in priority and direction (and a willingness to work extra hours if necessary).
- Dedication: Interest in and commitment to performing essential duties to achieve the mission.
Interested candidate should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references by Friday, July 14.
Wed, Thur, Friday, July 19-21 Phone interviews
Mon, Tue July 24-25 in-person Interviews
Friends of the San Juans is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.